Legend of the Golden Witch is the first visual novel in the Umineko no Naku Koro ni series, and was first released at Comiket 72 on August 17, 2007. It is the first of four Question Arcs, and is followed by Turn of the Golden Witch.
Welcome to Rokkenjima. The Golden Witch extends her heartfelt greetings. Please, take it easy and relax for the time being.
There's no need to think overly hard about any of this.
Quietly accept all that is about to happen.
That is all that is being asked of you.
The difficulty level is standard.
We might as well at least start by taking the easy road.
- Main article: Legend of the Golden Witch/Plot Summary
October 4th and 5th, 1986. The Ushiromiya family has gathered on the private island of Rokkenjima for their annual family conference. Chief on the agenda concerns the struggle for the inheritance assets of the ailing family head, Kinzo. But as the family is trapped on the island by a typhoon, they receive a letter claiming to be from the rumored witch of the island, Beatrice, and mysterious events begin to occur.
Main Characters Edit
- Kinzo Ushiromiya
- Krauss Ushiromiya
- Eva Ushiromiya
- Rudolf Ushiromiya
- Rosa Ushiromiya
- Hideyoshi Ushiromiya
- Kyrie Ushiromiya
Witches (Spoilers for the tea parties)
- Legend of the Golden Witch Manga Volume 1 (released: June 21, 2008)
- Legend of the Golden Witch Manga Volume 2 (released: December 22, 2008)
- Legend of the Golden Witch Manga Volume 3 (released: June 22, 2009)
- Legend of the Golden Witch Manga Volume 4 (released: December 22, 2009)
- Episode I-I Opening (aired: July 2, 2009)
- Episode I-II First Move (aired: July 9, 2009)
- Episode I-III Dubious Move (aired: July 16, 2009)
- Episode I-IV Blunder (aired: July 23, 2009)
- Episode I-V Fool's Mate (aired: July 30, 2009)
- Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Legend of the Golden Witch volume 1 (released: July 01, 2009)
- Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Legend of the Golden Witch volume 2 (released: August 04, 2009)